Thursday, November 15, 2012

So, can you tell the re-entry is not going so well? and I am dying to get back to Puerto Rico.. Can I wait until our Feb. retreat HARDLY! so here is my mid day snack for the day...not exactly sitting pools side, but I will be soon - and you should be with me!!
Registration: http://www.scribd.com/doc/113068582/February-Retreat-Registration-v2

Piña Coladas  are the official beverage of Puerto Rico....and I thought that I would share with you a lightened up version that you can slurp down whenever! Typically made with coconut creme, pineapple juice, and rum–these tropical beverages can be super high in calories. To make them lighter, I removed the coconut creme and replaced it with coconut milk, added frozen bananas, and said adios to the rum ( for now..) . YUM

Vegan Piña Colada Smoothies

1    cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
1    cup RAW coconut milk

1/4  cup raw coconut meat (young thai)
* you may not be able to find this ingredient but most times you can at Whole foods. it is still good without it... this just makes it creamier!
1 large frozen banana (chunks)
1/2 cup ice cubes


Directions
  1. Place pineapple chunks, banana, coconut milk, and ice cubes in blender. Puree until smooth and creamy. Pour into two glasses.
  2. Top with pineapple for garnish, whip cream (vegan), or drizzle with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment